1. Bring a blank check for $100, or whatever you can genrously afford to give, but no more than $100.
2. Sign-in when you arrive, making sure you have the name of a local charity in Westchester County you would like to support.
3. Your name and the charity you wish to support will be put in a hat. When the time comes only three names will be pulled from the hat.
4. Each of the three charities selected from the hat will be given 5 minutes to make a presentation at the meeting.
5. By ballot, the group will vote, and the majority rules. Even if you don’t care for the choice, you still must donate. All checks go to one charity.
No national charities will be considered, however, local branches of national charities are eligible for consideration. The purpose is for 100% of the contribution to stay in Westchester County.
A year after being selected by the group, charities can re-submit their names for consideration.